Sunday 9 February 2014

Talking animals

Over the course of an academic year I create and explore ways to deliver effective language teaching and learning for local primary schools and KS3 departments. Now I want to share with the language learning community out there!

So here we go , first blog post coming up!
We are currently teaching year 3 children how to say which animals they like and dislike. This weekend I learned about the Yakit kids app https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/yakit-kids/id794546203?mt=8
and found it really simple to use . 

So after a windy walk on the beach , our dog lay down and looked tired and I thought how much our Y3 children would like to be just like Dr. Dolittle and understand animal language! Quick photo , create a mouth , add a sound file and I have an example to share with colleagues whose classes have IPads and Chrome Books !

Here's my example - bet the children can do better though!




No comments:

Post a Comment